Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Future of Web Sites

During a boring day my imagination went on to see what could be the future of websites. Here are few which interested me.

Facebook in 2015
 A Digital clone of my friend, so I can interact with him at my wish. It will be wonderful to hear his status update from his voice on his own digital clone. Instead of comments I will see the entire commentator’s avatars and interact using my own voice responses and expressions. If Facebook where to be used in the coming years then Facebook in 2015 will be cooler than now


Twitter might be using the next to be said internet technology to communicate with the machines called the semantic web. From my Toaster to Car will be following tweeting, and replying to me. Imagine me tweeting “ Feeling Tired “ and my car replying “waiting to take you home” and  takes me home automatically, Air-conditioning cooling my room before I arrive and my Asimov getting me lemonades and replying  back. Twitter in 2020 would be capable of these

Stumbleupon in 2017
 Stumbleupon, Reddit and few more will be providing me more related articles and stuff. They could understand the context of article and my interest and bring up what I will be interested to read and which I will love the most. Stumbleupon in 2017 could be all this
 
I don’t have to type in another search in Google, I might just ask my digital assistant to get me results for my search through my voice commands. My assistant will then read out the exact result I wanted. Imagine it having AI where it will function as a human in the space of internet. Google could adopt these very soon as they have their own voice recognition search option enabled now. Google in 2015 will have these kinds of search features.
You Tube in 2020
YouTube, will be showing me holographic videos where it would be kind of similar to todays Augmented Reality but through laser projections or Holodecks I would be seeing them in real time. YouTube in 2020 might actually be providing videos like this to me.
Internet will be more sensible and easy to access, it will be a boon to the human kind to learn and love more than we do now.

No comments: